This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This Easy Blueberry Goat Cheese Appetizer uses goat cheese, pulled pork and pastry shells to make this simple, fast and delicious appetizer. Perfect for holiday entertaining!
Holiday season is my favorite season, y’all. I love entertaining and cooking for my friends and family, and I never do more entertaining than throughout the holiday season.
So when Montchevre asked me to create an awesome goat cheese recipe for the holidays, I jumped at the chance. Goat cheese is one of my favorite holiday ingredients. It’s such a versatile cheese and among the many flavors Montchevre carries (like truffle, jalapeno, cranberry cinnamon and pumpkin) I was drawn to the blueberry vanilla.
Today’s recipe uses only three ingredients, if you consider leftover pulled pork one ingredient. These are so amazing with homemade pulled pork (and it’s an excellent way to use up leftovers), but if you’re in a pinch or don’t want to make a huge homemade batch, they still taste incredible with the pre-made stuff from the store.
The flavors compliment the fresh, creamy subtle sweetness of the blueberry vanilla goat cheese so well and these easy goat cheese appetizer cups give you all of the sweet and savory goodness in one bite – it’s a total crowd pleaser!
And you don’t have to worry about anyone that might be sensitive to dairy – goat cheese is naturally low in lactose. The added vitamins and nutrients, like protein, calcium and vitamin D are just benefits. I love substituting goat cheese in other cheesy recipes, especially throughout the holidays.
So give this recipe a shot, and check out how to find Montchevre in stores near you!
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Easy Blueberry Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 24 phyllo pastry shells
- 1 cup prepared pulled pork, light or no sauce
- 4 oz. Montchevre Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and pre-bake the shells according to package directions.
- Cut the log of Montchevre Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese into 24 equal sections. I suggest cutting it into quarters lengthwise, then slice each quarter into 6 parts, so that each piece gets some of that blueberry goodness.
- Place a small spoonful of the pulled pork in each shell and put a piece of goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is soft and heated through.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, gently press the cheese with the back of a spoon and garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley (optional). Serve warm or at room temp.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French/American
Keywords: goat cheese appetizer, easy goat cheese appetizer, holiday appetizer, party food, holiday entertaining, pretty appetizer, blueberry vanilla goat cheese, fancy appetizer