Blueberry Lavender Mini Cheesecakes are a cute addition to any springtime party. With a blueberry lavender swirl, they’re light, fruity, floral and fun!
What does Spring mean to you?
I mean, I guess it’s basically Summer now, or at least it feels like it in my part of Texas. But nothing quite pairs with the sweltering heat like a cool drink, fan and a sweet treat.
And well, fruit.
Blueberry and lemon is an amazing combination, but blueberry and lavender is absolutely divine. And once you make the lavender blueberry syrup in this recipe there are so many other uses for it. Things like flavoring cocktails and tea, adding it to frosting or even simply using it to top honey ice cream.
The only thing is that culinary grade lavender isn’t as easy to find as simply running to your local grocery store. Look for it at specialty or high-end grocers and when in doubt, Amazon is a life saver.
I’ve found that these delectable little cheesecakes are not only light, fluffy and a perfect blend of floral and fruity, but they’re also incredibly gorgeous. Tell me you wouldn’t love this at a brunch or tea party.
And if you’ve ever tried my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes, you know I can make a mean cheesecake base. This uses the same core ingredients with the added syrup. They’re also very cute as bars, so if you’d like to do that instead, just double the recipe and spread in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment, pre bake the crust for 8 minutes, reserve 1/4 of the batter and mix with the syrup and swirl it all together. Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool to room temp and refrigerate at least two hours until firm.
I’m so in love with these mini cheesecakes. I know you will be too. Let me know what you think!
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. While at no extra cost to you, purchasing an item using one of these links provides us a small commission that helps in maintaining this site.
Blueberry Lavender Mini Cheesecakes
For the syrup:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp culinary dried lavender
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries, sugar and lavender on high until the blueberries pop and the mixture begins to boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes before setting aside to cool.
- Strain through a mesh colander into a heat proof bowl and discard the solids. This can be made ahead of time if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and begin dropping rounded Tablespoons of the graham cracker mixture into each liner.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the liner, creating a crust. There may be some crumbs left over.
- Pre-bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla extract until fully combined and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- In a small bowl using a hand mixer, beat the two egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add a dash of sugar and continue beating for another 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Gently fold the eggs whites into the cream cheese, mixing to a smooth yet thin consistency.
- Reserve 1/2 of the mixture and stir in the lavender syrup until it is a smooth, even color.
- Divide the lavender batter among the 12 muffin liners, reserving 2-3 Tbsp for topping.
- Spoon the other half of the cheesecake batter among the cups until they’re almost full. You may have a little bit of leftover mixture, which you can use to make a bakers dozen or discard.
- Drop 1/2 tsp of the lavender mixture on top of each cheesecake and use a butter knife to swirl the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes until the filling returns to its normal shape.
- Chill for at least two hours, or until firm.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- small saucepan
- mesh strainer
- small bowl
- cupcake liners
- 12 cup muffin tin
- large bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle and whisk attachment
- butter knife
They’re also very cute as bars, so if you’d like to do that instead, just double the recipe and spread in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment, pre bake the crust for 8 minutes, reserve 1/4 of the batter and mix with the syrup and swirl it all together. Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool to room temp and refrigerate at least two hours until firm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: blueberry lavender mini cheesecakes, mini cheesecakes with blueberry, lavender mini cheesecakes
Follow me on Bloglovin!