- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- butter or oil, for greasing
- candied pecans, store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes on a sheet pan 1 hour or until tender. Cool 15 minutes before handling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and grease a 9″ casserole, 9×9″ baking dish or ramekins.
- Remove the skins from the potatoes and mash with a fork or masher until smooth. Stir in the brown sugar, melted butter, bourbon, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, eggs and evaporated milk until smooth.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with butter and candied pecans to taste.
- potato masher
- mixing bowl
- sheet pan
- 9″ casserole dish, 9×9″ baking dish or 6 ramekins
Recipe can be prepped up to baking and then chilled for convenience. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes before baking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, bourbon sweet potato casserole, sweet potatoes with pecans, yams with pecans, bourbon yams