- 2 16oz packages pizza dough
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet set to medium heat, start browning the ground sirloin. When it is almost fully browned add the diced onion and 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Drain and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before stirring in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Divide each package of dough into 6 equal dough balls (12 total). Roll or flatten into 5 inch discs.
- Drop 1/2 cup of the beef, onion and cheese mixture onto each and pull the edges up and towards the center, pinching all edges closed. Make sure there are no holes.
- Place each bun seam side down on the parchment lined sheet pan at least 2 inches apart.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and brush the tops of each bun, then top with sesame seeds to taste.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until the tops are nicely browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
- parchment paper
- pastry brush
- rolling pin (optional)
- pastry cutter (optional)
If tailgating, reheat these wrapped in foil on the grill 5-7 minutes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove/Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed buns, cheeseburger stuffed buns