- 3lbs RANGER Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb fresh Northwest cherries
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 TB fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Bake in a single layer on a sheet pan for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Remove and let cool, or chill overnight, before dicing them into small bite size pieces – about 1/2″ square.
- Pit the cherries and remove the stems, then slice in half and place flesh side down on a folded paper towel. Set aside for 5 minutes while it absorbs the excess juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, halved cherries, celery and pecans. In another smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken mixture and mix well until everything is nicely coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop and serve with crackers, on fresh bread or croissants.
Tarragon has tough, woody stems so only use the leaves
Cherry juice stains very easily, so clean up any messes promptly
Bake the chicken thighs the night before if you’re concerned about heating up the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cherry chicken salad, northwest cherry chicken salad, fruit and nut chicken salad