- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and line a 9 x 13″ pan with parchment paper, leaving a little extra on the sides. You’ll want enough to pull the bars out later but not so much that it hangs over and falls into the mixture.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring just until the sugar is no longer grainy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Add the butter mixture and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Use your fingers or a lightly oiled rubber spatula to press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes and then remove the entire sheet using the parchment paper. You may need to loosen the sides with a knife.
- Cut them into narrow bars.
- Combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter (or coconut oil) in a small bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring at each interval, until melted. Drizzle over the bars and enjoy!
- 9 x 13″ pan
- parchment paper
- small saucepan
- medium mixing bowl
- rubber spatula (optional)
- large knife
- small bowl
Substituting quick-cooking rolled oats is fine, but stay away from instant oatmeal. It alters the taste and texture of this recipe.
Store in plastic bags in a cool, dry place.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: maple granola bars, chocolate granola bars