- 12 oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa (not dutch-process)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 11 oz baking caramels, unwrapped and cut in half
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, until pale, thick and fluffy.
- Turn speed down to low and pour in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa until combined, then stir in the pecans, chocolate chunks and caramels.
- Chill the dough, covered, for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or a silpat baking mat.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
- small saucepan
- stand mixer with paddle attachment
- parchment paper or silicone mat
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: chocolate turtle cookies, caramel chocolate cookies, soft chocolate cookies