A rich, creamy homemade ice cream with a cinnamon butter base. Tastes like a cinnamon bun in a bowl.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 TB cinnamon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs on medium speed until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue mixing for another minute or so, until fully combined.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream, milk and salt. Mix until light and fluffy, but still liquid, about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and cinnamon in the last 30 seconds of mixing.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer directions.
- Remove to an airtight container and freeze 3-5 hours until firm.