Creamy garlic sauce, dill pickles and cheese make this amazing dill pickle pizza. Don’t knock it ’til you try it – it’s garlicky and delicious!
Okay, so if you’ve been here a while you know that I’m no stranger to pizza. I love it. If I could have it every day I would.
Sauce, cheese, bread. You just can’t go wrong.
So when that video of dill pickle pizza went viral on Facebook, my friend Ashley challenged me to make one. Not gonna lie – pickles on pizza? I was hesitant. I had a cheeseburger pizza once and wasn’t a fan (I mean, I’d rather just have a good pizza or a good burger).
But garlic sauce, dill pickles and cheese actually sounds pretty great and spoiler alert – it is!
There are two important things about this recipe, the dough and the sauce. These can be made ahead of time and using store-bought dough is totally fine, though I recommend making the garlic sauce from scratch (I have a recipe for it here). It’s so important to the overall flavor and I’d hate for a lackluster sauce to ruin it.
In the recipe below, I give the directions for baking my pizza dough recipe. However, if you use store bought, go with their baking directions.
I also suggest draining the pickles and patting them dry before putting them on the pizza. Getting rid of the extra vinegar gives the pizza a much more pleasing and complex flavor than just a pickle explosion.
I think you’re really gonna like this one! Give a shot and tell me it doesn’t completely blow your mind.
until next time. x
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Creamy Garlic and Dill Pickle Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and oil two sheet pans.
- Shape your dough into 2 10-12″ circles, place on the sheet pans and brush the tops with olive oil, leaving about 1″ around the edges for the crust. At this point you can either roll the edges to create a thicker crust or leave as is. Set aside to rise for 10 minutes.
- Top each pizza with 1/2 cup garlic pizza sauce, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and half of the dill pickle slices.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of dill on each, then bake for 5 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Transfer to the top rack and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, or until the top is dry and the bottom is golden brown. You can use a fork to gently lift the pizza to check the bottom.
- Cut into slices and serve!
- 2 sheet pans
- pastry brush
- pizza cutter
If using store-bought dough, use their baking directions. Not every dough is the same.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: dill pickle pizza, creamy garlic pickle pizza, garlic pizza