- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 8–10 cloves of garlic, minced
- vegetable oil, for frying
- water and ice, for ice bath
- In a wok, bring about 6 cups (or enough water to cover the green beans) to a boil.
- Prepare an ice bath: a large bowl of water and ice
- Cook the green beans for 30 seconds – 1 minute, then immediately remove to the ice bath.
- Drain the water and fill the wok with 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or enough to fill it about 1/4″ and set to medium heat.
- Cook the garlic for about 1 minute, just long enough to get aromatic and stir once or twice to keep the garlic from browning.
- Drain the green beans and toss them in the wok to coat with the oil and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
- large wok (enough to hold 6 cups of water and green beans)
- large bowl for ice bath
- strainer or skimmer spoon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: crispy garlic green beans, garlic green beans, green beans