Brighten Every Bite with Mezzetta + Crock Pot Vegetable Lasagna
This crock pot vegetable lasagna makes for an easy dinner with bright, fresh, notes of zucchini, squash and peperoncini.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 4 c. or 2 jars marinara sauce
- 2 c. water
- 2 zucchini, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1/2 eggplant, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 16 oz. Mezzetta Deli Sliced Peperoncini, drained
- 30 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. lasagna noodles (regular, not oven-ready)
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- non-stick spray
- italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring the marinara sauce and 2 c. water to a simmer. Add the zucchini, onion, squash, eggplant and peperoncini and stew, on low, for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ricotta, oregano, parmesan and mozzarella. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spray the inside of a 2.5 qt. casserole crock pot* with non stick spray and spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom. Place the lasagna noodles on top in a single layer. Some overlap is fine.
- Spread about 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top, then spoon the vegetable and sauce mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat this process two more times, ricotta, vegetables and sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- On the top layer, place lasagna noodles, the remainder of the sauce and vegetables, then mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Garnish with chopped italian parsley (optional) and serve warm.
*I use a 2.5 qt casserole crock pot, but feel free to use any oval ones that are larger, you just have to break the lasagna noodles to fit your vessel.