- 4 cups or 2 jars marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 zucchini, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1/2 eggplant, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 16 oz Mezzetta Deli Sliced Peperoncini, drained
- 30 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 oz lasagna noodles (regular, not oven-ready)
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring the marinara sauce and 2 cups water to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini, onion, squash, eggplant and peperoncini.
- Simmer on low 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ricotta, oregano, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the inside of a 2.5 qt casserole crock pot* with non stick spray and spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom.
- Place the lasagna noodles on top in a single layer. Some overlap is fine.
- Spread about 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top.
- Spoon the vegetable and sauce mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 7-10 two more times: noodles, ricotta, sauce and cheese.
- On the top layer, place lasagna noodles, the remainder of the sauce and vegetables, then mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped italian parsley (optional) and serve warm.
- large saucepan
- medium mixing bowl
- 2.5 qt casserole crock pot or 4-6 qt round crock pot
- nonstick spray
*I use a 2.5 qt casserole crock pot, but feel free to use any oval ones that are larger, you just have to break the lasagna noodles to fit.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: slow cooker lasagna, crock pot lasagna