- 2 lbs ground beef
- 31 oz (2 15.5 oz cans) cooked red kidney beans, dark or light according to preference
- 28 oz (3 1/2 cups) red salsa
- 3 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, separating into sizable chunks of your preference.
- Drain the beef, then place in the slow cooker.
- Add the beans, salsa and chili seasoning to the beef and stir to combine. If using canned beans, drain and rinse first.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Stir and serve warm.
If you decide to use a seasoning packet, Williams Chili seasoning is my brand of choice. You only need 1 packet for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: slow cooker chili, easy chili, chili with beans