- 2 lbs ground beef
- 31 oz (2 15.5 oz cans) cooked red kidney beans, dark or light according to preference
- 28 oz (3 1/2 c.) red salsa
- 3 1/2 TB chili powder
- 1 TB cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, separating into sizeable chunks of your preference. I prefer mine very thin.
- Drain the beef, then place in the slow cooker.
- Add the beans, salsa and chili seasoning to the beef and stir to combine. If using canned beans be sure to drain and rinse first
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook for 8 hours on low/4 hours on high.
- Stir again after cooking and serve warm.
If you decide to use a seasoning packet, Williams Chili seasoning is my brand of choice. No msg, preservatives, fillers, artificial flavors or colors. You only need 1 packet for this recipe.