Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies 1x
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 oz. espresso powder
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. coffee beans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and espresso powder.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the large mixing bowl, beating after each addition. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and coffee beans (optional).
- Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and place on an ungreased or silpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until they have risen and the edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for at least 2 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Be sure to let the baking sheet cool to room temperature if reusing.