- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter candies
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix on medium 1-2 minutes, or until the butter is pale and fluffy and fully combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined, then mix in the peanut butter for another 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Gently add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the peanut butter candies and mini peanut butter cups.
- Scoop out large rounded spoonfuls of dough using a cookie scoop or large spoon. Roll the dough into a ball and place on the prepared sheet pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden and dry. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- mixing bowls
- hand or stand mixer
- cookie scoop or large spoon
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- wire cooling rack
Pro-tip: the peanut butter cups melt while baking. I saved a few leftover peanut butter cups and gently pressed them into the tops of the baked cookies shortly after they came out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: extreme peanut butter cup cookies, peanut butter cookies, reese's pieces cookies