- 4 green tomatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1–2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 cup tonic water
- salt, to taste
- peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- In a deep fryer or skillet with 1″ of oil, heat the oil to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 cup flour, tonic water and salt. The batter should be like a thin cake batter, but add more flour as needed.
- Dip each slice of green tomato in the batter, letting the excess drip off, and place in the hot oil.
- Fry for 30-45 seconds and flip, frying for another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing, pimento cheese or dip of choice.
- deep fryer or skillet
- instant read thermometer
- medium mixing bowl
- slotted spoon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: fried green tomatoes, beer free batter