Fried green tomatoes are made super quick and easy with this beer-free batter!
- 4 green tomatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 c. AP flour
- 1 c. tonic water
- salt, to taste
- peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- In a deep fryer or skillet with 1″ of oil, heat the oil to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 c. flour, tonic water and salt. The batter should be like a thin cake batter, but add more flour as needed.
- Dip each slice of green tomato in the batter, letting the excess drip off, and place in the hot oil. Fry for 30-45 seconds and flip, frying for another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve warm with ranch dressing, pimento cheese or dip of choice.