This post is sponsored by Wente Vineyards but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Y’all, I can’t tell you how much I love the holiday season. It gets cold outside as the days get shorter and everything just gets cozier.
But more than that, I love that the holidays bring us together. We spend so much of our year on the phone, on the computer, on the tablet that we forget what it means to simply enjoy our time together. And between work, holiday party planning, road trips, or your kid’s recital, it’s easy to lose sight of what the holidays truly mean.
This year, Wente has reminded me that it’s okay to slow down. Relax. And enjoy a nice meal and a glass of wine with those you love.
It’s something that I think we all should do this holiday season.
And whether you are hosting or attending a party this year, Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay is an essential.
It is universally pleasing and my favorite bottle to give away. Just wrap it with a bow or ribbon for a gorgeous, simple hostess gift!
As for my hostesses with the mostess out there, Chardonnay pairs amazingly well with garlic. This recipe for garlic pizza with bacon and onions is a really delicious, quick dinner or party appetizer. I have a homemade garlic sauce that is amazing on it and can easily be made ahead for fast prep on the day of your event.
Just assemble the pizzas, pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and cut into little slices. They’re a perfect addition to a big party spread or to serve as a main.
My hope is that with this fast and easy recipe, you’ll use less time for prep and more time for what matters – spending quality time with you and yours. Happy Holidays, y’all!
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Garlic Pizza with Bacon and Onions
- 2 baked flatbreads (or naan)
- 1/2 cup garlic pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- flat Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a large sheet pan, place the naan flatbreads and top each with 3-4 Tbsp of garlic sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese on each pizza, then top with half of the bacon crumbles and red onion.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted. If you like some color on your cheese like above, turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, to your preferred level of doneness. Keep an eye on the pizzas as they burn very easily.
- Garnish with the Italian parsley and enjoy warm with a glass of Wente Chardonnay!
- large sheet pan
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: garlic pizza, garlic bacon pizza, pizza with bacon and onion, naan pizza, holiday appetizer, romantic pizza, romantic homemade dinner, food that goes with white wine, make time with wente