- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, place the olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly so the garlic doesn’t brown.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk quickly until it is a thick paste.
- Let cook and bubble for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the half and half 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir, then turn the heat to low and let simmer 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days until ready to use.
- small saucepan
- airtight container
Garlic takes on a different flavor when it is browned – be careful not to burn it.
This sauce has a consistency like gravy. If you prefer a thinner sauce, use only 1 Tbsp of flour.
Half and half is half cream, half milk and sold near coffee creamers in US grocery stores. This can be substituted with 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 heavy cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: garlic pizza sauce, garlic sauce, garlic alfredo sauce, pizza sauce, creamy garlic sauce, creamy pizza sauce, sauces condiments and seasonings