- 1 lb tri-tip steak
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 cups half spinach and spring mix, or lettuce of choice
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 8 leaves fresh mint
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat the grill until it is very hot, about 450°F+, and oil the grates. Remove the steak from the fridge and let sit at room temp for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Generously season all sides of each steak with about 1/2 tsp of Montreal steak seasoning immediately before placing on the grill. Sear 4-6 minutes on each side, to preferred doneness (see post for guide).
- Remove to a cutting board and rest 10 minutes before cutting into 1/4″ slices.
- Arrange four plates or large bowls and divide the lettuce, top with 4-5 pieces of watermelon (fresh or grilled), 5-6 slices of steak, minced red onion, feta cheese, shaved Parmesan and croutons. Garnish each salad with 2 leaves of fresh mint and 1 leaf of fresh basil. Serve with balsamic dressing.
Grill the watermelon to add another level to this salad!
While grilling is preferred, the steak can also be pan seared on the stove set to medium-high heat, about 6 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, steak salad, summer salad, steak and fruit salad