Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 8 oz (2 4 oz bars) 100% cacao baking chocolate
- 1 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional Add Ins:
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes
- mini marshmallows
- Break the chocolate bars into coarse chunks, then freeze until hard, about 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the chocolate chunks, cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Process until it resembles a smooth powder. (Hold on tight to your food processor. It may kick around a little bit)
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
To make Hot Chocolate:
- Combine 1-2 Tbsp of the mix with 1 cup of boiling milk.
- Simmer on the stove for 30 seconds if you prefer it thicker.
Serving size varies between individual tastes. This recipe produces 18 2Tbsp servings or 36 1 Tbsp servings.
See post for packaging ideas!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Non Alcoholic Drink
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: homemade hot chocolate mix, hot chocolate mix