Try this fun southwestern take on classic deviled eggs. With tastes of pico de gallo and lime, you’ll never go back!
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 4 sprigs cilantro, minced
- 9 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tsp whole grain garlic mustard or dijon
- 3 TB mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Tajin seasoning* + more for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro and set aside.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a bowl. Mash them with a fork and then mix with the mustard, mayonnaise, Tajin and about 4 TB of the pico de gallo mixture.
- Arrange your egg whites on a serving dish and pipe** or fill them with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle them with just a pinch of the Tajin seasoning and garnish with remaining pico de gallo.
*If you can’t find Tajin, cayenne pepper or paprika plus a pinch of salt and a splash of lime juice will give a similar result.
**Cheap piping bags can be found at most craft stores or a fold-over plastic bag will work. Just snip off a corner and pipe.