- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups traditional or steel cut oats
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup (or a 15 oz can) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Mix well to aerate and break up any clumps of oats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until fully mixed, 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Turn down to low and slowly add the flour mixture a spoonful at a time, until half is gone.
- Add about half of the pumpkin puree, then continue adding the rest of the flour mixture.
- Once fully incorporated, add the rest of the pumpkin puree.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides before mixing for an additional 30 seconds, or until it is well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of the dough onto the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart (Use an ice cream scoop for uniformity)
- Place the rest of the dough in the fridge.
- Bake both sheets of cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the cookies are still warm and fresh out of the oven, sprinkle a generous pinch of sea salt over each cookie.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes and repeat with the remaining dough.
- 2 rimmed baking sheets
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- large mixing bowl
- stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment
- ice cream or cookie scoop (optional)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: pumpkin oatmeal cookies, pumpkin cookies with chocolate, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies