If I had to choose one favorite among all the things I’ve cooked this month, I’d pick these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges.
Yes, y’all. They are that good.
You probably know by now how much I love sweet and spicy things, and the best representation is this recipe. Adding just enough spice really balances the super sweet flavor of sweet potatoes.
And while they’re awesome in a casserole for Thanksgiving or baked with a pat of cinnamon butter, these wedges are hands down my favorite way to consume them.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges are an excellent side dish for red meat – burgers, steak or meatloaf are especially awesome with them. And I made chili fries recently by pairing them with my Instant Pot Chili (life changing – I’ll never have them any other way again)!
I love bringing these to cookouts and potlucks! If you have access to an oven at your destination or they wont need to sit or travel for very long, I would suggest cooking these as the recipe states, then transporting them in a foil pan. Just reheat them covered with foil in a 250°F oven to get them to the perfect serving temperature.
Now, sweet potatoes do take a little while to get crispy. These are amazing when they’re soft yet dry and not too crispy or burnt, but if you prefer them like that, just leave them in the oven for a few extra minutes or broil them. But keep your eye on them to avoid burning down the house.
What do you like to pair with Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges? Sound off in the comments below!
UNTIL NEXT TIME. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, gently melt the butter in the microwave in 30 second increments (or melt in a small saucepan on low heat).
- Stir in the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl and pour the butter mixture on top.
- Use your hands to toss them, making sure each wedge gets coated fully.
- Turn out the bowl onto a large sheet pan and arrange the wedges in a single layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, taking the wedges out and flipping them halfway through.
- Test the wedges for doneness with a fork or knife – the center should be smooth and the outside dry.
- small saucepan or microwave safe bowl
- large mixing bowl
- large sheet pan
For crispier wedges, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness of your wedges. Watch the entire time, as these can burn quickly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: roasted sweet potato wedges, spicy sweet potato wedges, spicy sweet potato fries