- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 oz raspberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice or orange liqueur
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 750mL bottle dry rosé wine
- Place half of the strawberries (8 oz), half of the raspberries (3 oz) and blueberries (3 oz) in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add the orange juice or liqueur and the granulated sugar.
- Simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently mash the blueberries and raspberries and strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing out as much syrup as possible.
- Pour the rosé into a 51 oz pitcher and add the syrup, stirring to mix.
- Cover and chill until cold, up to 4 hours.
- Add the remaining fruit to the pitcher before chilling (optional), or save and add it to the pitcher and each glass immediately before serving over ice.
- medium saucepan
- fine mesh sieve
- 51 oz (1.5 L) pitcher
The fruit will start to break down and get mushy after 4 hours, if you choose to chill the wine with the fruit. However, this isn’t necessary. Plenty of flavor is added through the syrup.
This recipe doesn’t require any chilling of the mixed sangria if you start with chilled wine and cool down the syrup before mixing. See post for tips.
If using sparkling wine, chill the wine and syrup separately, then mix immediately before serving to preserve carbonation.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Spanish Fusion
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: rosé sangria, summer sangria, party punch