Now for the good stuff! I have been just dying to share this recipe with you, but in order to do that I first wanted to share some tips to make this turn out ahhhhh-mazing. Things like how to check your baking soda for freshness and how to caramelize onions fast.
I enjoy this side with breakfast, like with a chorizo omelet, but it also works really well for dinner, like with steak or chicken. And it’s a really tasty way to introduce more potatoes to your diet! (Me, I don’t have that issue. Potatoes all day every day)
Add in the ease of sheet pan cooking and this recipe is a slam-dunk, home-run, out-of-the-park, and any other good sports analogy you can dream up.
With recipe, you’ll want everything fresh. I’ve always found that fresh garlic and herbs have way better flavor than their dried or preserved counterparts. And with these potatoes, flavor is everything.
Really the only part of this recipe that might make you think twice is the caramelized onions, because traditionally they take foreeeeeever and a lot of babysitting the stove. But a few days ago I posted how to cut that time in half which is truly a life saver!
In all, the steps are pretty easy. Cut up your potatoes (red potatoes work best in my opinion), toss them with the olive oil, garlic and herbs, roast them on a good ol’ sheet pan with the onions, and serve with fresh feta cheese and Italian parsley. This is such an easy and delicious side that works with almost every meal – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
PS – take a look at the ingredient list. Does anyone else have Scarborough Fair stuck in their head now? “Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme…”
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Items used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. While at no extra cost to you, purchasing an item using one of these links provides us a small commission that helps in maintaining this site.
Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Potatoes
These easy sheet pan roasted potatoes shine with flavors like caramelized onions, rosemary and thyme.
- 1 lb baby or red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. caramelized onions
- 1/8 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TB Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, place the potatoes, olive oil garlic, rosemary and thyme and toss until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Spread them in a single layer on the sheet pan and season lightly with salt. Top with the caramelized onions.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. If you want some additional crispiness or color, broil for additional 3-5 minutes to preference.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve tossed with the feta cheese and Italian parsley.
Follow me on Bloglovin!