Step up your sandwich game with this delicious Spicy Southwest Chicken Sandwich featuring Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread!
Every week we have a sandwich night. Whether it’s because the day was just so long or we are simply craving sandwiches, we always manage to make sandwich night a good one.
This week I got to try Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread. I know, it’s a mouthful, but I’ve always been a fan of Pepperidge Farm® breads. So once I heard their Farmhouse Hearty White Bread has a new, improved taste I had to try it out. And y’all, let me tell you, it is so soft! Thick-sliced and with a fresh from the oven taste? Yeah, it is definitely going back on my grocery list.
This recipe is a regular in our house. It’s easy to put together, but really packs a punch. This is not a tea party sandwich – this is a big-man’s kind of sandwich, a dinner-on-the-patio kind of sandwich, a definitely-cannot-swim-for-20-minutes-after-eating-this-bad-boy kind of sandwich.
It starts with thick deli slices of chicken (also awesome with leftover rotisserie chicken), zesty pepper jack cheese, corn and black bean pico de gallo, avocado and a generous pour of jalapeno ranch. All of that sandwiched (get it?) between two thick slices of Farmhouse Hearty White Bread makes for a super satisfying sandwich.
Feeling something even hotter? Pop this in a panini press! This bread stands up really well – perfect for paninis!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give me a shoutout @awayfromthebox – I’d love to share your creation on my social media!
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
Spicy Southwest Chicken Sandwich
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 1 lb deli sliced chicken
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup precooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 recipe jalapeño ranch
- In a bowl, combine the tomato, onion, jalapeño, corn, black beans and cilantro.
- On a slice of thick white bread, layer 1/4 lb of deli sliced chicken, 2 slices pepper jack cheese, 1/4 of the avocado slices, the black bean & corn pico de gallo mixture.
- Slather a generous helping of jalapeno ranch on another slice of white bread, place on top of your open sandwich and enjoy!
- Repeat with remaining ingredients – this recipe serves 4.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Brunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Keywords: spicy chicken sandwich, sandwich with black bean and corn, southwest chicken sandwich, cold cuts
Follow me on Bloglovin!