- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 oz quartered artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, place the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, onion, and garlic.
- Stir as the cheeses melt and the spinach wilts. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool.
- Take your chicken breasts and butterfly them (cut them almost in half horizontally, making a pocket – see post for pictures).
- Place 3-4 rounded Tablespoons of the prepared spinach artichoke mix on one half of each breast, then sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
- Close the chicken up and fasten with toothpicks (pictured).
- Season each side with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large stainless steel, cast iron, or other oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, place the olive oil and heat until it shimmers – you should see the oil make “waves.”
- Sear the chicken, 4 minutes on each side, then place the entire skillet in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Optional: Take the chicken out and top with more mozzarella cheese, then broil for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the toothpicks and enjoy warm.
- medium saucepan
- knife and cutting board
- large oven safe skillet, like cast iron or stainless steel
As mentioned in the post, I used leftover spinach artichoke dip from this recipe (with a few adjustments). Make the dip ahead of time to save time and make the dip firmer and easier to stuff the chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove, Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spinach artichoke, spinach, artichoke, stuffed chicken