- 4 slices of bacon, chopped coarsely
- 2 broccoli crowns, cut into same size florets
- In a medium saucepan set to medium heat, place the chopped bacon.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring periodically for even cooking.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon when it gets to your level of doneness. Leave the grease in the pan.
- Add the broccoli and stir to coat each floret.
- Let sit and cook for 3-5 minutes to give the broccoli some color, then cover with a lid.
- Steam for another 5 minutes to get tender-crisp broccoli or 8-10 minutes for soft broccoli.
- Stir in the bacon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- medium saucepan with lid
- slotted spoon
I personally think this recipe is awesome, but I’ve added 2 cloves of garlic and 1 Tbsp of butter before with good results.
Pro-tip: if you’re out of bacon, use any bacon grease you’ve been storing. Two heaping spoonfuls work well in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli and bacon, steamed broccoli, smoky broccoli and bacon