This stuffed avocado is packed with pico de gallo, corn and black beans. Salty, spicy, creamy and deceptively filling, try it as midday snack or light lunch.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 4 stuffed halves 1x
- 3 avocados
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 4 sprigs cilantro, minced
- 1/2 c. black beans, cooked
- 1/2 c. corn, cooked
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- cotija cheese for garnish (optional)
- Rinse the outside of the avocados to prevent any dirt or bacteria from entering the flesh, then halve, pit them and cut a cross hatch pattern in each, making sure not to break the skin.
- Scoop out the flesh of two halves of an avocado into a medium mixing bowl, then add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, black beans and corn and mix well.
- Cut a lime in half and squeeze the juice over the mixture. This adds a nice flavor and will prevent the avocado from browning. Add salt to taste.
- Spoon the mixture over each avocado half and crumble the cotija cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Omit the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro if using store-bought pico de gallo.
Keywords: stuffed avocado, avocado, pice de gallo, snack, lunch, vegetarian, corn and black bean