- 1 lb blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lb blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lb raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lb strawberries, fresh or frozen, hulled and halved
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large stockpot or saucepan, place all ingredients (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla) and stir together.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a large spoonful on a small plate and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking the rest of the jam.
- Run a finger through the frozen jam. If it is thick and stays in place, the jam is ready to remove from heat. If it still appears watery, cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve at room temperature, or transfer to glass jars or another airtight container.
- large stock pot or saucepan
- small plate
- glass jar or airtight container
I like to use a little bit of vanilla in my jam, jelly, and syrup recipes. It adds a little more depth of flavor and makes it taste sort of like a dessert.
Without preserving, this recipe lasts for 2 weeks in the fridge. See post for tips.
Strawberries contain a lot of water. If you add more than the recipe directs, it will take longer for the jam to cook to the correct consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: mixed berry jam, summer berry jam, berry jam, jelly, jam, preserves