- 4 lb pork roast, shoulder or butt
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp espelette pepper or cayenne
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, onion powder and espelette pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture generously over the roast.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker fat side up.
- Pour the lime juice and water over it.
- Cook on low for 10-11 hours.
- One hour before you plan to eat, wash and dry the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and poke holes in each side with a fork.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, rubbing to coat each fully, and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 50-60 minutes, flipping 2-3 times. Potatoes are done when a knife pierces the skin easily and the potato is soft.
- When the roast is ready, remove and discard the fat cap from the top.
- Using tongs or forks, gently shred the pork into bite size pieces. Toss with the juices and keep warm.
- Slice just the top of each potato and press in the ends so that it opens as if it were a hot dog bun.
- Spread the butter on each potato and top with the cheese, pulled pork, pico de gallo, prepared Jalapeño Ranch and sour cream.
- small bowl
- slow cooker
- sheet pan
- tongs or forks
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: tex mex loaded baked potato, baked potato with pork roast