These Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Snacks are a super fun snack to add to your Thanksgiving spread. They’re easy to make and perfect for grazing.
Y’all. I love Thanksgiving.
Yes, it is overwhelming for some and I know many that would rather do all of the eating instead of the cooking, but for me it has always been a special holiday.
Obviously, it is a day to remember what we are thankful for and to enjoy our friends and family. But it’s pretty much the only holiday that revolves specifically around food.
As someone that loves to cook, Thanksgiving is my day to flex. I want you leaving my house with your belt loosened and arms full of leftovers (because it’s so good, you know you’re gonna eat it for days). And every course needs to be special – even the snacks!
Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Snacks
Today’s recipe is often overlooked when planning the rest of the day. Growing up, my mother would set out a veggie tray and this classic ranch cheeseball, but I always yearned for something sweet.
And these turkey pretzels snacks totally fit the bar! All you need are pretzel rods, dark candy melts, and either candy melts in yellow, orange and red or white candy melts and food coloring made for candy. Regular food coloring will not work – it makes chocolate seize up.
I just used some clip art for the turkey head. If you want to be really extra, make the turkey face with a giant shortbread cookie! But ultimately, I decided that my time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning is better spent on the rest of the meal.
If you’d like to use my clip art, right click to save this photo and print it on a piece of regular card stock paper.
Until next time. X
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
This post contains affiliate links. While at no extra cost to you, purchasing an item using one of these links provides us a small commission.
- 2 packages Pretzel Rods
- 8 oz. chocolate candy melts
- 8 oz. yellow candy melts
- 8 oz. orange candy melts
- 8 oz. red candy melts
- chocolate sprinkles
- In 4 narrow mouth cups or jars, melt each color of the candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Dip a pretzel rod into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat all sides of the rod about 3/4 of the way.
- Shake off all excess chocolate and place on a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Do about 15 pretzel rods in each color. While they’re still wet, top them with the chocolate sprinkles or other fun fall themed sprinkles. You can also drizzle alternate colors on top of the pretzels using a spoon or pastry bag.
- Let harden at room temperature for 30 – 45 minutes.
- To serve, place them on a serving dish, tray, or even parchment paper or wrapping paper placed directly on the table. Arrange them like turkey feathers, in a half circle, and place the printout or shortbread cookie on top.
- 4 narrow mouth cups or jars
- parchment paper
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: turkey pretzel, thanksgiving, thanksgiving snack, chocolate covered pretzels