- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (or 12 oz jar, drained), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 20 oz cheese tortellini, uncooked
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the roasted red peppers and spinach and toss for 1-2 minutes, just until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring often so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the half and half, salt and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer uncovered 5 minutes before stirring in the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Once the cheese has melted stir in the basil.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, strain and immediately add to the sauce. Do not let the pasta sit out for an extended period of time after draining.
- Toss to coat and serve immediately.
- large skillet
- pot for boiling tortellini
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: cheese tortellini with spinach and tomato, roasted red pepper sauce and tortellini