Break the spaghetti routine with this recipe for tortellini with spinach and roasted red peppers. It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 TB olive oil
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (or 12 oz jar, drained), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–1/3 c. half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 TB chopped fresh basil leaves
- 20 oz cheese tortellini, uncooked
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the roasted red peppers and spinach and toss for 1-2 minutes, just until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, taking care not to let it burn.
- Add the half and half, salt and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer uncovered 5 minutes before stirring in the mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Once the cheese has melted stir in the basil.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, strain and immediately add to the sauce. Do not let the pasta sit out for an extended period of time after draining.
- Toss to coat and serve immediately.