This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Turkey, swiss, tomato and spreadable cheese makes this a tasty kid-friendly sandwich – perfect for back to school!
taste and texture
Soft wheat bread, creamy spreadable cheese, pan roasted turkey breast, baby swiss (the mildest and creamiest of all the swiss cheeses) and a big juicy slice of tomato all come together in the perfect bite.
This sandwich offers a simple yet satisfying flavor for adults and an exciting, extra-cheesy goodie for kids.
shopping at Safeway
For this recipe, I did all my shopping at Safeway! I love utilizing their Grocery Delivery service – I do all of my shopping in the app and the groceries get delivered right to my doorstep! They also offer Drive Up & Go™ for convenient grocery pickup.
Not satisfied with just a sandwich, I explored Safeway’s fresh produce, deli and bakery for more snacking.
The produce section has these really awesome Fresh-Cut in store snack packs that make packing lunches a breeze.
The deli has a great selection of individually-sized snack packs, like salami and cheese, guacamole and chips, cheese, crackers, and more – perfect for creating healthy lunches this school year.
And of course I needed to pick up some Signature SELECT™ Chocolate Chip Cookies for a sweet treat!
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find convenient and delicious back to school lunch essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
more lunch ideas
Since kids can get bored easily, I like to keep things fresh. Grabbing some reusable multi-compartment lunch tins keeps food separate for picky eaters and there’s lots of room for variety.
- Swap out the bread with a yummy cheese bun, brioche bun, or sweet slider rolls.
- Pull out the cookie cutters to create some fun shapes in those sammies. Hearts and stars are usually big hits!
- Grill it! If your kiddo is at home for lunch, lightly coat the bread with oil or butter and throw this sandwich in an air fryer if you don’t have a panini press. We love hot sandwiches!
- Or go beyond sandwiches! Try using flatbread instead of sliced bread, spread a thin layer of cream cheese, top with meat and cheese, roll up and slice into cute pinwheels.
- Don’t forget the veggies! Pick up a nutritious snack pack made fresh in store – there are lots of options available and it’s super convenient during those busy weeks.
- Keep it interesting with different textures: crunchy nuts, crispy crackers, creamy cheese, juicy fruit, smooth hummus, and chunky guacamole.
This recipe is great for school or at home with simple ingredients you can prepare in bulk ahead of time. Having these delicious, ready-to-assemble sandwiches on hand will make for quick and easy packed lunches during the school year and healthy, hassle free snacks year round.
Be sure to shop at Safeway to find the highest quality freshly sliced deli meats and cheeses, individually-sized healthy snack packs, and chocolate chip cookies available in Seattle!
until next time. x
Show us your food! Use #aftbeats for a chance to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow Aged White Cheddar spreadable cheese
- 2 slices turkey
- 1 slice baby swiss cheese
- 1 slice tomato
Spread 1 wedge of the spreadable cheese on each slice of bread, then layer the turkey, baby swiss cheese and tomato on top, closing with the other slice of bread. Enjoy!
This sandwich is also good hot! Oil or butter both sides of the sandwich then place on a panini press or cook in an air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 350°F.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey and swiss sandwich, turkey swiss and tomato sandwich, easy back to school sandwich ideas