- 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×9″ square pan with foil. Make sure enough foil hangs over the edges of the pan so that you’ll be able to lift it out later.
- Spray the foil with nonstick baking oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add it to the flour mixture and stir, then mix in both eggs until no streaks remain. If the batter is too dry, add up to 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or melted chocolate of choice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg together until you get a smooth, creamy batter.
- Spread the brownie batter in an even layer in the foil lined pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top and smooth.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of the caramel sauce over the cheesecake layer and gently swirl it together.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake layer is set.
- Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Top with the walnuts or pecans and the mini chocolate chips, then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan and cut into 9 slices.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp of caramel sauce on top of the brownies and serve.
- 9×9″ square pan
- nonstick spray
- medium mixing bowl
- small mixing
- hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment
Keep refrigerated and serve chilled.
Pecans are traditionally used in turtle desserts, but walnuts are a delicious substitution.
Makes 9 3″ square brownies or 16 roughly 2″ square brownies
See post for additional tips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: turtle cheesecake brownies, turtle brownies, turtle cream cheese brownies