- 16 cups popped popcorn (3 bags of microwave popcorn)
- 24 oz white almond bark or white melting chips
- candy safe food coloring (optional)
- On a work surface, arrange a large bowl, small microwave safe bowl and a large area for parchment or wax paper.
- In the small bowl, microwave half of the almond bark or white melting chips in 30 second intervals, until melted and smooth.
- In the large bowl, place 8 cups (1-1/2 bags) of the popped popcorn. Make sure there are no unpopped kernels.
- Pour half of the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and mix well.
- Pour in the rest and mix again, making sure each kernel is coated evenly.
- Spread the popcorn on the parchment in a single layer and while it is still wet, top with sprinkles or other toppings of your choice.
- (Optional) If using candy safe food color, reserve 2 Tbsp of melted almond bark for every color you choose. Mix to get the colors and shades you want (red and blue+yellow to get the above), and place in a disposable pastry bag. Cut the tip and immediately start drizzling over the popcorn. Repeat with each color.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the popcorn and almond bark and let sit for about 5-10 minutes, until hardened.
- Using a butter knife or your hands, break apart the popcorn into individual kernels or bite size sections and store at room temperature.
- large mixing bowl
- small microwave safe bowl
- parchment or wax paper
- fork or disposable pastry bag (optional)
The ingredient sizes are an estimate as package sizes can vary – anything around the amounts listed is fine.
16 cups popped popcorn is the equivalent of 3 bags of microwave popcorn.
I use butter popcorn in this recipe – it makes it extra sweet and salty!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: sweet and salty popcorn, white chocolate covered popcorn, popcorn party favor