- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup water heated to 105 – 115°F
- 4 cups All Purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, heat the water to 105-115°F.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes. The surface should look bubbly and frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the water and yeast mixture.
- Mix until a sticky dough forms. If it appears dry and crumbly, add 1 Tbsp of water until it is sticky and mixed well.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl and brush a sheet of plastic wrap with olive oil.
- Place the oiled wrap directly on the top of the dough, but don’t fasten it. It will move as the dough rises. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm kitchen for 18 hours.
- Gently punch down the center of the dough and turn out onto a heavily floured work surface.
- Knead for about 1 minute, then divide the dough in half.
- Roll out into a 10 – 12″ circle and place on an oiled sheet pan or pizza stone. You can either roll the edges for a thicker crust or keep as is.
- Brush the center of the pizza with olive oil, leaving about 1″ for the crust. Set aside to rise for 10 minutes.
- Continue topping as desired, then bake in a 500°F oven for 5 minutes on the bottom rack. Transfer to the top rack and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the top is dry and crispy and the bottom is a golden brown. Use a fork to gently lift the crust to check doneness.
- Serve warm!
- small bowl
- mixing bowl
- plastic wrap
- pastry brush
- clean towel
- sheet pan or pizza stone
If you like a shiny golden brown crust, brush it with a beaten egg and – pro tip: sprinkle some seasonings of your choice. I like parmesan cheese, garlic powder and rosemary!
See post for additional tips.
- Prep Time: 18 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: slow rise pizza dough, pizza dough, no knead pizza