This Brie, Fig & Prosciutto Pizza has earthy, sweet, salty and cheesy flavors in every bite. It makes the perfect lunch or light dinner.
- 2 personal size flatbreads, like pita or naan
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4 oz. brie, cut into 1/2” cubes*
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 3 fresh figs, sliced**
- 1/2 c. arugula or watercress leaves
- balsamic glaze, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and arrange the two flatbreads on a sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Drizzle 1 TB olive oil over each flatbread and spread to coat evenly. Tear the prosciutto into 2-3 smaller pieces and divide amongst the flatbreads. Top with the cubes of brie and sliced figs. (If presentation is an issue, save a few slices of fig for garnish later)
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted. Remove and top with the arugula and (optional) reserved fresh fig slices. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
*Removing the rind from brie will help it melt slightly better, but ultimately comes down to taste. It can be kept on, but if you don’t like it, cut it off.
**Fresh figs have a short season and can be tough to find – feel free to substitute with dried. They still taste amazing!