Easily make your own cheesy red pepper focaccia bread at home. The perfect recipe for a beginner. Simple ingredients and no kneading.
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1 TB rapid rise yeast (instant yeast)
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TB + 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Grease the bottom and sides of a sheet pan with 2 TB olive oil, then coat one side of cling wrap cut to measure about the size of your sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, yeast, salt, 1/4 c. Parmesan, 1 TB of the crushed red pepper, the water and 3 TB olive oil. Using either a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment or a hand mixer, beat the ingredients until it forms a sticky dough. (Can also use just your arms and a wooden spoon – been there!)
- Remove the dough and set it on the prepared sheet pan and cover it with the oiled side of the cling wrap – don’t worry about shaping it yet – then place a dish towel on top. Let sit at room temperature for an hour to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the towel and cling wrap and press the dough evenly into the edges of the pan. Use your fingers to make indentations in the top of the dough, like little dimples.
- Drizzle the top with 2 TB olive oil, the remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan and 1 tsp crushed red pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.