Honey Blueberry Lavender ice cream makes you scream for more ice cream. It’s heaven in a cup!
Blueberry Lavender Syrup:
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- 2 TB culinary dried lavender
Ice Cream Base:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. raw, local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries, sugar and lavender on high until the blueberries pop and the mixture begins to boil. Turn heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes before setting aside to cool. Strain through a mesh colander into a heat proof bowl and discard the solids. This can be made ahead of time if needed.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the eggs on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until they get light and fluffy, then slowly pour in the honey in a steady stream and continue mixing for another minute. Add the vanilla, cream and milk and mix for an additional 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer directions (this is usually 25-35 minutes).
- When the blueberry lavender syrup is cool, but not yet solid, pour into the ice cream maker in the last few minutes of churning to get a uniform color OR transfer half of the churned ice cream to a 2 qt container, drizzle with half of the syrup and swirl with a butter knife, then top with the remaining halves of the ice cream and syrup, swirling with a butter knife again.
- Freeze in 2qt container 4 hours – overnight, then serve.