- 16 oz. dry pinto beans
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped roughly
- 1 jalapeño, whole
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 8 sprigs cilantro, chopped roughly
- Sift through the beans and remove any stones or broken beans.
- Rinse and drain, then place in the pressure cooker.
- Add the bacon, jalapeño, onion, garlic, taco seasoning and water to the pot. Stir.
- Close the lid and turn the knob to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 70 minutes.
- Quick release after 20 minutes.
- Remove the jalapeño and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Let cool with the lid open for about 15 minutes. The beans should thicken as they cool.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve warm, with optional garnishes such as additional cilantro, cotija cheese, or pico de gallo.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- large strainer
Stuck with leftovers and tired of whole beans? Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet with 2 cups beans and mash with a fork or potato masher to make easy refried beans!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: charro beans, borracho beans, mexican beans, instant pot beans