This lemon blueberry pound cake is a dense, perfect from scratch recipe – tasty all year round!
- 1 1/4 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 c. milk, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1 TB flour
For the Glaze:
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- 3 TB lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar for at least 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixer and beat until just combined, then add in the eggs one at a time, mixing for at least 20 seconds after each.
- On the lowest setting, add half of the flour mixture to the mixer a spoonful at a time. Pour the milk in a slow steady stream, then add the rest of the flour a spoonful at a time.
- Pour in the vanilla and lemon extract and mix until just combined.
- Rinse the blueberries and toss to coat in the TB of flour. Shake off any excess and fold into the cake batter.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and tap to free any trapped air. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes in the pan before gently inverting on a plate or cake stand.
- To glaze, melt the butter in a small bowl, then stir together with the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over the cake while it is still warm so that it can slowly drip over the sides. Store lightly covered for up to 3 days.