- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 brownies, about 2” square
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- assorted berries of your choosing
- 2/3 cups hot fudge sauce
- In a microwave safe bowl, gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments, stir until smooth.
- Pour half into each ornament, and gently turn to make sure the inside is fully coated. This process may take a few minutes, just make sure there are absolutely no holes.
- Transfer the ornaments to the freezer. Turn after 3 minutes, then turn again 2-3 more times with 3 minutes in between each.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Very carefully remove the chocolate from the molds in one piece – take your time to ensure no breakage. Return them to the freezer nestled gently in the ornaments, not fully closed, until ready to assemble the desserts.
- Stack the brownies, ice cream and fruit on a large plate and feel free to place more fruit on the outer edges of the plate.
- Set a small nonstick skillet over low heat. Rub one edge of each ball in small circular motions until you get an opening wide enough to cover your dessert. You can use this opportunity to melt down any imperfections in your ball.
- Place the ball over the dessert and heat up the hot fudge.
- To serve, pour the hot fudge over each ball to reveal your amazing dessert!
- microwave safe bowl
- small nonstick skillet
- 2 large fillable ornaments
When tempering chocolate, water is the enemy. Make sure the ornament and the bowl you use to melt the chocolate are totally dry.
This recipe makes 2 balls. To make only one, just use 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: chocolate ball dessert, melting chocolate ball, brownie sundae