- 16 oz milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup red wine (see post for recommendations), room temperature
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional) OR
- 10 oz melting chocolate
- In a medium bowl, heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is fully melted.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream just until it starts to steam.
- Pour the heavy cream in the bowl with the melted chocolate and stir, slowly, until fully combined. If the chocolate starts to stiffen, microwave another 30 seconds as needed and continue stirring. This process can take a bit of time, so don’t worry if it doesn’t happen right away.
- Once the cream and chocolate are combined, slowly stir in the red wine and butter.
- Once fully mixed, cover tightly and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator.
- Chill until firm – at least 4-6 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Place the cocoa powder in a shallow bowl OR melt the melting chocolate according to manufacturer instructions.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of the chilled mixture and roll into a ball.
- Working quickly, coat it either in the cocoa powder or melted chocolate and shake off the excess before placing on the baking sheet.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- medium microwave safe bowl
- small saucepan
- sheet pan
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- shallow bowl
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: red wine truffles, red wine chocolate truffles, chocolate truffles with wine