Spinach Asiago Bruschetta is a quick and easy appetizer with spinach and asiago cheese. Great for when you want something a little different than typical bruschetta.
- 1 bunch spinach (or 16 oz baby spinach)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- asiago cheese
- italian bread, sliced
- Heat about 2 TB of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 3 cloves of garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Throw in the spinach and mix with tongs, tossing until the spinach is dark, soft and glistening with oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To prepare the bread, spray (I prefer to use Misto) or drizzle each slice with olive oil. Cut the remaining clove of garlic in half and rub it over the slices of bread. Broil or grill the bread over high heat until slightly crispy and golden.
- Discard the garlic before topping the bread with the spinach mixture. Grate fresh asiago cheese on top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spinach shrinks a lot. Double the recipe if you are needing a substantial amount.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spinach, cheese, asiago, bruschetta, appetizer, fast, easy, dinner party