A childhood classic with an adult twist – try these Baileys Dirt Pudding cups for a fun dessert you can enjoy today.
- 1 1/4 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 TB water
- 1 2/3 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 3/4 c. heavy cream, ice cold
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- 14 oz chocolate cream cookies, either homemade or Oreos
- gummy worms, as many as your heart desires (optional)
- gummy insects (optional)
- silk flowers (optional)
- 9 oz. clear party cups
- Pour the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the powdered gelatin over it in a single layer. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the irish cream and 1/4 c. of the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add the gelatin to the mixture. Stir until fully dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir, then let sit, covered, for about 5 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the remaining 1 1/2 c. of heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture half at a time, making sure the mousse is light and fluffy and fully combined.
- In a blender or food processor, grind the cookies until mostly fine, like dirt.
- Arrange 8-10 9oz clear party cups and fill each about a third with the mousse. Layer a spoonful of crushed cookies on top and repeat until you have three layers of each.
- Refrigerate until firm – between 4 and 6 hours.
- Top with fun things like gummy worms, gummy insects or silk flowers.
To make this kid friendly: replace the 1/2 c. Baileys Irish Cream with heavy cream and continue the recipe as directed.