These Spinach Quesadillas are gooey, cheesy and incredibly easy to prepare. From stove to table in less than 5 minutes!
- 3 TB olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 2 large flour tortillas, burrito size
- 16 oz oaxaca or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, place 1 TB olive oil and the spinach. Cook for about 1 minute, tossing constantly to ensure even cooking. Once it darkens and wilts, remove to a bowl or plate.
- Place another TB of olive oil in the skillet and a tortilla. Move it around a little to soak up the oil. Spread about half of the shredded cheese on half of the tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount on the other half. Top the cheese with about half of the spinach. Cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute until the cheese starts to melt.
- Fold the tortilla over on itself, like an omelet. Cook for 30 seconds, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove to a plate and cut into fourths. Repeat the process with the remaining oil, spinach, tortilla and cheese. Enjoy!