- 12 oz chorizo breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 onion, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- shredded cheese
- 1 avocado
- salsa, homemade or store-bought
- plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- Set a 10″ skillet over medium heat. Crumble the chorizo and heat it until browned. If using a sausage link, remove the meat from the casing before crumbling and browning.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, sauteing until the onion is soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Remove 3/4 of the meat and veg mixture and set aside. There is no need to drain. Spread the remaining evenly across the skillet.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a separate bowl, then add to the skillet.Cook until there is only a very thin layer of uncooked egg on the surface and shaking the pan gently makes the omelet slide around.
- Flip half over onto itself, making a half moon shape.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and continue cooking until the cheese has mostly melted.
- Transfer to a plate and top with sliced avocado, salsa, and plain greek yogurt or sour cream.